- Visa requirement- many countries have on arrival visa USD 25 , prepare cash
- Uber is the most reliable taxi service. At the airport, Uber pick up point is at parking area B5 or C2.
- – for Uber the most easy meeting point is near hotel. For example, if you want to take a Uber, find a nearby hotel and wait for your Uber there.
- Clothing must be appropriate and respect the culture
- The currency used is Egyptian Pound, USD is widely accepted as well. Egyptian pound rate is better in Cairo airport than in Dubai.
- Travel adapter for Egypt : For Egypt there are two associated plug types C and F. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins and plug type F is the plug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Egypt operates on a 220V supply voltage and 50Hz.
- Negative PCR Covid test is required – done within 72 hours of arrival for all except kids below 6 years old
- To book for Luxor, Aswan Nile river tour, do check the availability and timing, Cruises does not run daily. You would need to take a flight or train to Aswan or Luxor for the cruise. Do note that some cruises does not includes admission fees and they can add up to be quite a bit so do your research before booking. Most does not includes wifi so it would be a good idea getting data package at the airport. Complimentary mineral water is provided in the room and tea/coffee provided over breakfast and afternoon tea. Any other drinks (soft drinks, juices and alcohol) will be at additional cost.
TIPS: If you are staying in UAE like we do, do note that many car insurance policy includes a complimentary airport pick up or drop off. Make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance and you can get a free transfer to airport. Those staying in UAE knows how expensive taxi fare is in UAE and this is definitely a steal.
Pros of travelling during COVID
- Less tourist, less waiting time
- Easier to book for tour, cruises due to low load and prices are competitive
Cons of travelling during COVID
- Have to wear mask most of the time, can be uncomfortable
- Need to factor in results of PCR test, and need to arrange for PCR test to be done prior to flying
- Need to consider backup plan if tested positive and hence the need to extend the stay